Monday, April 22, 2013

The Rhythm of the Day

It's another beautiful Monday in Sarasota, my retirement destination home of choice. Sometimes, it's still hard to believe that I moved here virtually sight unseen without knowing a soul. But I believe that it is my fate and it is God's will that I be here for this glorious season of my life.
The warm weather, perpetual sunshine and lush greenery suits me perfectly. It has taken awhile, but I'm getting into the rhythm of each day. After some pretty intense volunteer endeavors for the first 14 months here, I have slowed down and am learning how to cherish and relish each day.
I can't believe that I was caught up in a whirlwind of being so busy that I forgot (albeit momentarily) that I love music, and that my day is incomplete without it. After years of piano lessons, I can't play a lick, but I can read and I love to sing at the top of my lungs on most days, and preferably without an audience.
Most of my music is now digitally housed in iTunes, even the myriad of CDs that I copied over. The music is backed up on an external hard drive. I am now a baby boomer purchaser of any tune I hear and want to own. My Sirius XM radio in the car offers so much variety, although my favorite stations are gospel, watercolors and oldies from the 60s. I keep a pad and pen in the front seat to jot down the name and artist of anything that I hear and love.
It's amazing to me how my iPod can shuffle thousands of songs and come up with just the right combination of what I want-no, what I need to hear at that moment. Classical, jazz, blues, easy listening, and of course, my favorites, gospel and contemporary Christian.
I'm contemplating heading out to he beach today, but right now, after a marvelous walk with the doggies, I am enjoying the rhythm of my day.
I hope that you are too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment